Saturday, 13 February 2010

RIP Arapaima

Last night me , ah ho and simon went to bottle tree to try our luck to over the leader for the shimano twinpower 3000 competition. I decided to use hot dog as my bait. After 30 minutes of the first cast, i managed to get a walking cat. Small one though but it boosted my morale as i have been achieving quite a number of zero fighter for the past two months. Around 2340, i casted my bait to the floating platform in the middle of the pond. After like 15 mins, i thought it is going to be a quiet night and was walking towards my rod to reel back my bait to change to live bait. Suddenly my marker went up straight , i took my rod up. And who knows my stella C3000 is peeling line out from the spool, i shouted at ah ho . Hosei liaoz Arapaima ! As i am using Xzoga PE 2, i managed to bring it in within 15 minutes.

Happy like a kid getting his first ever toy, i went down into the water with ah ho to take pictures with my prized catch. This is the first ever time i get this fish and this arapaima is my biggest catch in my whole life. Estimated weight is around 50 kg !

After that, they brought it near the water pump area to regain its full conscious before letting it back into the waters again. However after 15 minutes i saw them took it up to the pavement, i realised that the arapaima did not make it. Haiz .... i am still having the guilty feeling now .... Rest in Peace Arapaima ... Thank you so much for the fun you given me.




3 comments:

Esox Fever said...

Unfortunately catch&release not always works as we would want. I think that there are no angler practicing this discipline who has manage to put back all of their fishes without any loses. That is part of the game, our duty is to treart the fish with the maximum level of respect, in this way casualties will be only a few, but they will keep on going on.

Nice fish, and nice blog. keep releasing your fishes, there is no bigger satisfaction that fishing the same fish several times.

Cruise Ship said...

you got a nice catch there. cruise ship

Nigel said...

Dun feel too sad... its part and parcel